Seasonal Wreath Labor
Iwasaki Bros., Inc.
(Revised September 21, 2018)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Regular: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Schedule varies depending on workload and season.
Other: Weekends and overtime are mandatory based on seasonal department needs.
Job Status: Seasonal
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Travel Required: Potential travel time, may be required (seminars, and/or random drug test).
Positions Supervised: None
Minimum Age: Must be 18 or older
Random Drug Tests: Yes
Assemble wreaths, garlands, centerpieces and other holiday products using cut materials (i.e. noble, juniper, cedar, pinecones
and decorative material); trim material for assemblers; supply materials using tools and equipment. Working in a fast pace work
environment. Able to follow basic instructions under constant supervision. Consistent productivity is expected. Assist in all
assigned wreath production duties.
Various positions available include:
• Bough Handler: Load and unload delivery trucks of greenery wreath material, fill tables with material for our greenery
trimmers. Requires walking, bending and lifting 60 pounds repeatedly; must be able to multi-task.
• Table Stocker: Supplies materials to wreath and garland makers. This position requires walking, bending and lifting 23-26
pound full boxes of cut material repeatedly, occasionally up to 40 pounds; must be able to multi-task.
• Wire Winder: Winds and measures wire for wreath and garland makers. This position requires someone to operate on
electric machine using a pedal attached to it, wears goggles to protect eyes and leather gloves to protect hands, bending,
walking and counting skills; must be able to multi-task.
• Hourly Trimmer: Cuts wreath material (branches) to sieze needed for our wreath makers; requires bending, light weight lifting,
hand trimming; must be able to use a clipper/hand trimmer.
• Vita Tank: Dipping crates of cut wreath material into wreath preserve; requires bending, walking, lifting repeatedly 30-40
pounds, working in wet conditions, wearing rubber gloves/boots; must be able to multi-task.
• Wreath Makers: Using greenery material to make handmade wreaths and garlands of various sizes; no experience
necessary; able to have a good form and space when making the handmade wreaths; ability to work with your hands.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain productivity expectations.
• Basic knowledge of quality of product varieties and sizes.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Work well and communicate with other employees.
• Ability to operate equipment and tools.
• Demonstrate safe working habits in all tasks to include reporting all accidents and property damage, problems with vehicles
and equipment immediately to supervisor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties and skills satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Production experience preferred, but not necessary.
Ability to use basic math (example, add and subtract) or ability to learn basic math to count product.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs./day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color)
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE: gloves, eyewear and ear protection)
Employees may have exposure to soil, noise, machinery, and agricultural chemicals. When working outside of the greenhouses
will be exposed to weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, hot temperature or cold temperatures depending on the season).
When working inside the greenhouses temperature may be hotter or colder than outside temperature depending on type of