Sales Level 3
Inside Sales/Customer Service
Iwasaki Bros., Inc.
(Revised March 22, 2018)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Regular: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Schedule varies on shifts, workload and season.
Other: Weekends and overtime are mandatory based on seasonal department needs. Mandatory Saturday rotation
approximately from March through end of June.
Job Status: Full time
Reports to: Assistant Sales Manager
Travel Required: Potential travel tie, may be required (seminars and/or random drug test).
Positions Supervised: None
Minimum Age: Must be 18 or older
Random Drug Tests: Yes
This job requires the ability to perform various sales support functions as well as provide clerical support to the Assistant Sales
Manager. Call on Key Accounts while taking incoming calls and processing customer’s orders. Additional office duties include:
answering telephones, transfer incoming calls, take messages, fax inventories, to customer(s), keep crop and customer notes,
any projects given by Assistant Sales Manager and constantly educating on many different varieties of crops that Iwasaki Bros.,
grow. Accuracy and productivity is expected. Clerical and computer skills are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work from daily Call Sheets with other Inside Sales Reps and coordinate calling areas for store orders based on priority of
regions (i.e. overnight, next day or same day deliveries). Send Ad Quantities to Key Accounts for their Ads.
• Process Sales Calls/Orders via over the phone, email or fax. Working with current inventory and/or master orders, processing
orders properly through industry specific software. Printing pick ticket(s) to Shipping Department, documenting orders on Call
Sheets, documenting Ad Quantitates on specific Key Accounts and invoice Pick Ticket(s).
• Promptly answer telephone calls within 3 rings, transfer calls to appropriate person and take proper phone messages. Check
for voicemail messages throughout the day.
• Check four times a day for any Unprocessed Orders or Holds: 10 AM (same day), 11 AM (overnight), 1 PM (next day) and at
the end of shift.
• Able to understand how each Key Account is unique in their own Ad Distributions for Ad Material.
• Able to understand and “accurately” maintain each Key Account Ads or assigned store, if given.
• Build a customer rapport and comprehend each stores individual needs.
• Work with Assistant Sales Manager on crucial peak window(s) of selling product.
• Crucial to be familiarized with all plant classifications company grows. Very important to know where and how to resource
answers to customer questions regarding: difference between Annual, Perennial, Vegetable and Herbs; descriptions of each
plant (texture, color, plume, plant and pot size); all styles of pots uses and flat count; appropriate growing conditions and when
and how long is their growing season/flowering season for particular customer’s region.
• Walk the greenhouses on a daily or every other day basis taking notes of current crop conditions and future crops.
• Fax Inventory Availability with limits set for specific Key Account(s).
• Report to supervisor any discrepancies or issues in a timely manner.
• Communicate to appropriate chain of command effectively to maintain efficiencies.
• Promote company safety culture and policies. Report safety issues to immediate supervisor.
• Other related work duties required.
• Assists other departments when work load requires, at direction of supervisor.
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Strong communication skills. Able to communicate with various departments and customers. Work well and communicate
with other employees.
• In-depth computer skills. Must be able to navigate through the computer system, be able to multi-task through different
programs, have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, and be able to operate programs in in
• Able to input and maintain department databases, use word processing, Microsoft programs, spreadsheet and industry-
• Detail orientated and works with a high degree of accuracy.
• Able to organize and prioritize daily tasks.
• Ability to multi-tasks and maintain project completion schedules.
• Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations.
• Demonstrate safe working habits in all tasks to include reporting all accidents and property damage to supervisor
• Office technology skills to operate office equipment (i.e. telephone, computer, fax machines, copiers and shredders). Report
to supervisor any problems with equipment immediately.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties and skills satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Minimum six months of experience in customer service with heavy phone traffic.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity up to 33%-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE: eyewear)
Shares open work space with other Inside Sales Reps inside Office building. Employees may have exposure to noise
(telephone, fax machine, etc.).