Order Gatherer 1
Iwasaki Bros., Inc.
(Revised March 22, 2018)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Regular: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Schedule may vary depending on workload and season.
Other: Weekends and overtime are mandatory based on seasonal department needs.
Job Status: Seasonal
Reports to: Head Order Gatherer
Travel Required: Potential travel time, may be required (seminars and/or random drug test).
Positions Supervised: None
Minimum Age: Must be 18 or older
Random Drug Tests: Yes
Able to follow basic instructions under constant supervision. Gathers and packs orders for transportation to customer locations.
Able to recognize sales ready criteria. Consistent productivity is expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pull orders efficiently and accurately (75 flats per hour for regular orders during spring season) under constant supervision.
• Pulling product from correct sales area and facing all tags to the toe bar side of the rack.
• Fill out all paperwork properly and accurately.
• Alert Head Order Gatherer any problems with product quality or availability.
• Prepare product for delivery by irrigating, securing product and staging racks on the dock.
• Unload/load shipping materials from various equipment or vehicles.
• Safeguard all section equipment/ tools and return to proper storage.
• Promote company safety culture and policies. Wears appropriately required PPE.
• Report to immediate supervisor (Shipping Dock Supervisor or Head Order Gatherer) any problems with equipment
• Other related work duties required by supervisor.
• Assist other departments when work load requires, at direction of supervisor.
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Demonstrate ability to acquire and maintain productivity expectations.
• Basic knowledge of product quality, varieties, and sizes.
• Ability to match and identify plant materials. Ability to use basic math (add/subtract) to count product.
• Work well and communicate with other employees.
• Demonstrate safe working habits in all tasks to include: reporting all accidents and property damage to supervisor (Shipping
Dock Supervisor or Head Order Gatherer) immediately.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties and skills satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shipping experience preferred, but not necessary.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity up to 33%-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color)
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE: gloves and eyewear)
• Able to work at heights above 10 ft. using scissor lift or ladder.
When working on company property may be exposed to dirt, noise, machinery, and agricultural chemicals. Employees may be
exposed to weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, hot temperature or cold temperatures depending on the season) when
working outdoors. When working inside of the greenhouses, temperature may be hotter or colder than outside temperature
depending on the type of greenhouse.