Production Level 1
Iwasaki Bros., Inc.
(Revised November 26, 2014)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Regular: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Schedule varies depending on workload and season.
Other: Weekends and overtime are mandatory based on seasonal department needs.
Job Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
Reports to: Nursery Tech
Travel Required: Potential travel time, may be required (seminars, and/or random drug test).
Positions Supervised: None
Minimum Age: Must be 18 or older
Random Drug Tests: Yes
Able to follow basic instructions and learn basic equipment operation under constant supervision. Consistent productivity is
expected. Able to learn basic sales ready criteria. Assist in all assigned production duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Clean plants, weed pots, pinch plants, and mend flats (replace bad plants with good plants.
• Pull product and stocks sales ready area efficiently and accurately under constant supervision.
• Assist with irrigation as necessary under constant supervision.
• Space plants, consolidate and move flats.
• Count, record and report flat numbers.
• Able to drive tractor and cart with training/certification to transport product and materials. Inspect vehicle prior to use.
• Report to immediate supervisor (Grower or Assistant Grower supervisor) any problems with carts, tractor and equipment
• Safeguard all section equipment/ tools and return to proper storage.
• Promote company safety culture and policies. Wearing appropriately required PPE.
• Other related work duties required by supervisor.
• Assist other departments when work load requires, at direction of supervisor.
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Planter area: designing and building planters.
• Seeding area: Vacuum, mend, and clean plug trays. Move, space and condense plug trays with racks, carts and tractors.
• Cuttings: layout, dibble and label trays on tables. Stick unrooted cuttings in appropriate trays, use rooting hormone as
instructed. Move and consolidate trays. Trim and pinch liners.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain productivity expectations.
• Basic knowledge of quality of product varieties and sizes.
• Ability to match and identify plant materials. Ability to use basic math (add/subtract) to count product.
• Work well and communicate with other employees.
• Ability to operate equipment/vehicles.
• Demonstrate safe working habits in all tasks to include reporting all accidents and property damage, problems with vehicles
and equipment immediately to supervisor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties and skills satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Production experience preferred, but not necessary.
Ability to use basic math (example, add and subtract) or ability to learn basic math to count product.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs./day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color)
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE: gloves, eyewear and ear protection)
• Able to work at heights above 10 ft. using scissor lift or ladder.
Employees may have exposure to soil, noise, machinery, and agricultural chemicals. When working outside of the greenhouses
will be exposed to weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, hot temperature or cold temperatures depending on the season).
When working inside the greenhouses temperature may be hotter or colder than outside temperature depending on type of