Transplant Level 1
Iwasaki Bros., Inc.
(Revised November 26, 2014)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Regular: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Schedule varies depending on workload and season.
Other: Weekends and overtime are mandatory based on seasonal department needs.
Job Status: Full time
Reports to: Transplant and Assistant Transplant Supervisor
Travel Required: Potential travel time, may be required (seminars and/or random drug test).
Positions Supervised: None
Minimum Age: Must be 18 or older
Random Drug Tests: Yes
Able to follow basic instructions and learn basic equipment operation under constant supervision. Consistent productivity is
expected. Able to learn basic transplant criteria. Assist in all assigned transplant duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Transplant material at prescribed crop criteria under constant supervision.
• Assist in building flats, mending flats (replace bad product with acceptable product), and hand tag flats under constant
• Record number of flats transplanted.
• Able to drive tractor and cart with training/certification. Inspect vehicle prior to use.
• Transport and properly place transplanted product to the growing areas.
• Report to immediate supervisor (Transplant or Assistant Transplant Supervisor) any problems with carts, tractor and
• Space plants, consolidate and move flats.
• Safeguard all section equipment/tools and return to proper storage.
• Promote company safety culture and policies by wearing appropriately required PPE.
• Other related work duties required by supervisor.
• Assist other departments when work load requires at direction of supervisor
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain productivity expectations.
• Basic knowledge of quality of product varieties and sizes.
• Ability to match and identify plant materials. Ability to use basic math (add/subtract) to count product.
• Work well and communicate with other employees.
• Ability to operate equipment/vehicles.
• Demonstrates safe working habits in all tasks to include: reporting all accidents, property damage, problems with vehicles
and equipment immediately to supervisor.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties and skills satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Transplant or assembly line experience preferred, but not necessary.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 hrs./day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE: gloves, eyewear and ear protection)
Able to work at heights above 10 ft. using scissor lift or ladder).
Employees may have exposure to soil, noise, machinery, and agricultural chemicals. When working outside of the greenhouses
will be exposed to weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, hot temperature or cold temperatures depending on the season).
When working inside the greenhouses temperature may be hotter or colder than outside temperature depending on type of