CDL Driver A, B and C
Iwasaki Bros., Inc.
(Revised February 26, 2018)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Variable. Schedule varies depending on workload and season.
Overtime mandatory based on seasonal department needs.
Job Status: Seasonal, Part-time and Full-time
Reports to: Shipping Manager
Travel Required: Frequent
Positions Supervised: None
Minimum Age: Must be 18 or older
Random Drug Tests: Yes
The Driver is responsible for the delivery of plants, greenery and sales assets in a safe and timely manner. This position involves
unloading and stocking delivered materials. As part of a team, the Driver maintains positive customer relations/communication
The Driver must maintain and provide accurate and legible records including: Product invoicing and adjustments; Proper rack
and asset documentation; DVIR and E-logs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct thorough pre-trip inspection of vehicle (when required) and provide necessary information for Delivery.
• Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (commonly known as DVIR)
• Verify essential paperwork (invoice, rack invoice, notes, etc.) are included in the driver trip box and the correct product
(racks) is loaded into the vehicle.
• Verify load matches the paperwork.
• Must be available to start shift anytime between 12:00 am - 4:00 pm.
• Drive trucks in a safe, legal and timely manner to the correct location following the delivery log.
• Maintain professionalism at all times (i.e. language, appearance, cooperation).
• Adhere to all DOT, and Iwasaki Bros., Inc. rules, and regulations.
• Unload wheeled plant racks into customer garden areas.
• Unload the product and stock shelves.
• Communicate to Accounting any discrepancies of invoice/asset adjustment.
• Communicate to Shipping Manager any route change or delays.
• Complete all post-trip inspection paperwork required by DOT, and Iwasaki Bros., Inc.
• Maintain cleanliness of Iwasaki Bros., Inc. vehicles.
• Good verbal communication
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
• Professional appearance
• Ability to read a map and follow directions efficiently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Diligent attention to detail
• Diligent attention to safety
• Legible handwriting
• Ability to correctly read/adjust invoices
• Sufficient math skills to calculate accurate invoice corrections/verifications
• Effective communication skills including ability to read, speak and write in English
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties and skills satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At least six months of driving experience within the past four years or 20,000 miles in the past four years in Drivers own rated
class. 2 years driving experience preferred.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE: Safety vest, glasses, gloves, and any uniform piece is required)
Exposure to dirt, noise, cold and heat, machinery, agricultural chemicals, and safety hazards.
Work schedule can include long hours, overnight stays, and varying start/end times (particularly at peak seasons).
• CDL Driving: At least 6 months of driving experience.
• Education: High school or equivalent
• Must hold a valid Commercial Driver License, Class A, Class B, or Class C & a current Commercial Driver Medical
Certificate; (farm endorsement eligibility will be determined by the management staff).
• Drivers are required to have and maintain a clean driving record (as defined by our insurance carrier’s insurability review).
• Delivery areas are Oregon, Washington, and western Idaho.
• Some may require overnight stays.
• Drivers will be expected to be available for any route.
TYPES OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE
• Full-time- year-round driving with benefits.
• Seasonal- may include 40 hours or more per week, but are dispatched only during peak season(s) needs.
• Part-time- “on call” throughout the year.
• Seasonal and Part-time drivers are not guaranteed hours or benefits, but will be considered for openings for full-time positions
based on performance.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Plant terminology and container size knowledge are desirable
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Possess current Class A, B or C CDL with air brake endorsement, farm endorsement per management discretion could be
considered). Current DOT medical certificate is a requirement.